TERMS AND CONDITIONS
These terms and conditions apply to all orders and supersede all others. Receipt of acknowledgement of order by you constitutes your acceptance that our conditions are the only conditions that apply to the contract, notwithstanding any purported terms put forward by you.
- The PalletTrucksUK SafeShop website is protected by industry standard SSL technology, therefore any information you give us can only be accessed by ourselves. All information is stored on secure servers.
- We only collect information from customers in order to fulfil orders. We may from time to time contact you by email to inform you of special offers or promotions that we are running.
- We never pass on information about customers to any third party.
ACCURACY OF INFORMATION
Whilst everything possible has been done to give accurate details, PalletTrucksUK cannot be held responsible for any errors that have been overlooked.
Quotations supplied by PalletTrucksUK shall be valid for acceptance for 30 days from the date of the quotation.
- As our website has been set up using the industry standard SSL technology, to enable you to pay securely online, we can accept online payments by most major credit cards or debit cards. We also accept payment by cash, cheque, bankers draft, BACS or CHAPS. Please phone for further details if you wish to pay by any method other than an online payment.
- We reserve the right to delay despatch until we receive confirmation of cleared funds (E.g. Cheque’s take 5 days to clear)
- For account customers: any discounts offered are on the strict understanding that accounts are paid by the due date. We reserve the right to re-invoice any such discounts to accounts that become overdue.
PASSING OF TITLE AND RISK
- The risk in the goods shall pass to you on delivery.
- All goods, delivered or not, remain our property until payment is received in full.
- Until such time as payment in full is made, you shall retain such goods separately from other goods, and clearly mark them in such a way that they can be readily identified as being our property, and any payment received by you for any sale of such goods must be held in a separate account in trust for us. In the event of non-payment by you for such goods we will, without loss of any rights or remedy, remove from your possession any goods belonging to us in accordance with these conditions. We shall be entitled to enter upon the property where the goods are stored to repossess and remove the same. You hereby grant us irrevocable licence to enter your premises for the said purposes.
We reserve the right to alter any details or design of products illustrated, without notice, and while every effort is made to describe goods accurately in the catalogue no warranty is given to accuracy, and no responsibility will be accepted for error of mis-description or any resulting loss.
Where applicable all prices quoted are subject to V.A.T. at the current rate.
- Delivery charges are based on the item(s) and delivery location, these are calculated at checkout before payment it taken. If you have several items to order, it maybe worth checking with us first – as we may have cheaper alternatives to consolidate multiple items. Delivery charges are based on deliveries to manned business premises with the facility to unload the goods. The carriers charge extra for the following services: Booked-in deliveries, Timed Deliveries, Tail-Lift Deliveries, Failed deliveries and Residential address deliveries. If your delivery requirement falls in one of these brackets, you need to contact us first.
- Every effort will be made to deliver on time, but any delivery day specified is a best estimate and no liability is accepted for any loss arising from delay or error in the delivery of goods. All deliveries will be charged at the prevailing rates applying at the date of such delivery.
- Claims arising from damages, delay or partial loss in transit must be made in writing to us, so as to reach us within 5 days of receipt of goods.
- All claims with regard to the quality or quantity of the goods shall be made in writing to us so as to reach us within 5 days of receipt of goods, or such goods shall be deemed to comply as to quality and quantity within the terms of the contract.
- You must examine all goods delivered at the time of delivery. We shall not be liable for any loss arising from damage caused to the goods in transit unless loss or damage is noted on the delivery note at the time of delivery.
- If the Customer establishes that any of the goods have not been delivered, have been delivered damaged, are not of the correct quantity, or do not comply with their description, the supplier shall at its option replace with similar goods, any of the goods which are missing, lost or damaged, or do not comply with their description, allow the customer credit for their invoice value, or repair any damaged Goods.
- If the Customer establishes that any of the goods are defective the supplier shall at its option replace with similar goods or repair any defective goods, allow the customer credit for their invoice value or to the extent that the goods are not to specification, assign to the customer (so far as the supplier is able to do so) any warranties given by the manufacturer of the goods.
- Claims in respect of non-delivery must be made in writing so as to reach us within 4 days from receipt of our invoice.
- A delivery charge will be made for each truck unless the truck is collected from our warehouse.
- Delivery charges are based on the item(s) and delivery location, these are calculated at checkout before payment it taken. If you have several items to order, it maybe worth checking with us first – as we may have cheaper alternatives to consolidate multiple items.
- Delivery charges are based on deliveries to manned business premises with the facility to unload the goods. The carriers charge extra for the following services: Booked-in deliveries, Timed Deliveries, Tail-Lift Deliveries, Failed deliveries and Residential address deliveries. If your delivery requirement falls in one of these brackets, you need to contact us first.
- A fee of £10 will be charged in addition to the standard delivery charge for home address deliveries. We reserve the right to reverse transactions to home addresses for security reasons.
- An additional charge will be made for attempted deliveries, refused deliveries and / or aborted collections. To avoid this charge, please ensure someone is at the delivery location to receive your order. Charges vary dependent upon many factors, including location, number of items, weight and service.
- Many of the items we sell are heavy freight items and you will need a forklift truck in order to unload the items from the delivery vehicle. If you do not have use of a forklift truck, then it is important that you tell us, so we can request your goods be delivered on a vehicle with a tail lift. Requesting a tail lift vehicle may increase the carriage charge, but it may also require a slightly extended delivery time.
A charge will be made on all orders cancelled after the goods have been despatched or notification is not received before the end of business on the day the order was received.
Do you have a returns policy? Yes, please contact us before returning any goods. Goods returned without our prior knowledge and authorisation, may not be credited. Some problems came be easily resolved by a short phone call or email message. Any non-faulty goods returned will be subject to a handling charge and carriage charges. Please bear in mind, delivery charges are often partially incorporated within the cost of the item, therefore any returns may be subject to a returns cost higher than the original delivery charge. Please contact us to obtain a returns number or discuss this further. This policy does not apply to goods that are faulty – Most of our products carry a limited return to base warranty. (Area limitations may apply). This returns policy is for Business users, consumers rights are not affected by this.
PalletTrucksUK Bays 1&2, 33 Second Avenue, Pensnett Trading Estate, Kingswinford, West Midlands, DY6 7UG. Tel: 01384 841440 Fax: 01384 841450
If you have any queries relating to this matter please e-mail sales@PalletTrucksUK.co.uk and we will respond immediately.
- No goods will be delivered to accounts which remain unpaid 14 days after payment is due. Interest will be charged on overdue accounts at the rate of 5% above the Barclays Bank plc base rate from the date the account became due, until payment is received. This does not prevent us from pursuing payment of overdue account at any time after payment becomes due and shall be in addition to, and without prejudice to, any other rights we may have against you.
- We reserve the right to charge you for any legal or collection charges where it is necessary, to obtain payment from you of an overdue account through a third party or Court proceeding.
- The supplier may at its discretion suspend or terminate the supply of any goods, if the customer fails to make any payment as and when due, or otherwise defaults in any of its obligations under the contract or any other document with the supplier or becomes insolvent, has an administrative receiver appointed of its business, or is compulsorily or voluntarily wound up or the supplier genuinely believes that any of those events may occur, and in the case of termination may forfeit any deposit paid.
We will not be held responsible for the failure or delay in the carrying out of our obligations under the contract which may arise out of any cause outside our reasonable control or inability to procure materials or articles except at higher prices due to any such cause. In such circumstances we shall be entitled by notice to terminate the contract, in whole or in part, without incurring any liability whatsoever to you.
HEALTH & SAFETY AT WORK ACT 1974
For the purpose of the Health and Safety at Work act 1974 the customer hereby undertakes to ensure that the goods will be safe and without risks to health and safety when properly used. In particular the customer must examine the goods to establish whether they are safe to use in the condition in which they are delivered, and (without prejudice to the generality of the foregoing) the customer undertakes not to use the goods without first satisfying its public liability and/or employers’ liability insurers or some other person (nor being the customer or an employee of the customer) qualified and competent in such matters that the Brakes, Steering Systems, Tyres, Forks and Hydraulics are safe and without risk to health and safety when properly used and that the goods satisfy all statutory requirements for the time being in force.
Terms and Conditions © Copyright 2004 PalletTrucksUK.co.uk
PalletTrucksUK is a part of Midland Bearings Ltd